Am I good? Am I bad? Am I mad?
With Nick Luxmoore, trainer, previous school counsellor, teacher, youth worker and psychodrama psychotherapist (UKCP registered)
About the workshop
- Identifying the therapeutic task in counselling with young people who are angry, anxious, chaotic, stuck or acting out in a thousand ways.
- With this young person, what’s really going on? What’s at the heart of it?
- We haven’t got long, so where does our conversation need to go?
- Beyond listening and empathizing, what’s going to make this therapeutic?
- How do we work with a young person’s internal world?
- There will be some theoretical input, but the emphasis of this workshop will be practical and experiential. We will share ideas, experiences and learn together.
- The day will be of particular interest to professionals working with young people.
Certificate of attendance for 6 hours CPD issued.
7th February 2015:
The Enemy In My Head: Helping young people make sense of their parents
with Nick Luxmoore, trainer, school counsellor, teacher, youth worker and
psychodrama psychotherapist (UKCP registered)
13th September 2014:
Understanding Self-Harm and Eating Disorders – Providing Positive Support
with Dr Pooky Knightsmith, Mental Health Consultant, Author and Trainer